 Robotics / 2689
RE: Working Radar Bot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 20:07:01 GMT

Rich,

Nice work!

Can you delurk a little more to give a bit of a description of of your
program's operation. Is it seeking the IR tower?  I'm going to try to
modify your code to work on my robot.

Your 'Wheel chair' robot look a lot like mine, but I don't have a
rotation sensor. I use a touch sensor to tell me when the steering is
centered and a TurnTime variable to control how hard it turns.  I drive
the differential with a worm gear (no gear down needed beyond that).

Wayne W. Schott

----------
From: rich_thompson@cmcsmart.com[SMTP:rich_thompson@cmcsmart.com]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 1999 5:25 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Working Radar Bot

I will delurk for a moment:

I have been playing around with the "radar" created by using IR messages
and
have posted some pics and code examples (in BotCode since the C skills
are
rusty, and BotCode feels more like assembly...). You can find the whole
thing at http://rich.cmcsmart.com

Rich Thompson
rich_thompson@cmcsmart.com
http://rich.cmcsmart.com