 Robotics / 26794
  Philo's remote and spy rover

I just ran across these on LEGO's NXTlog: A little Spy rover and a joystick-based remote control: (URL) - nice job Philo! I like the ball caster (OK, I'll admit bias), but I really like using a mechanical linkage to pan the US sensor to widen the (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Philo's remote and spy rover

(...) Oh - really??? ;o) (...) That's something I considered, but not tried. One problem I foresee is that the fov of the US-sensor itself is relatively wide, so I don't know if this could provide much more obstacle direction information. (...) Not (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Philo's remote and spy rover

(...) As a first cut, I was thinking of using the position information to determine if the detected target was most likely to the left or the right of the direction of travel. Just to determine the "best" direction to turn to avoid the target. It (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics)