 Robotics / 26762
    Re: another comparison —Chris Phillips
   (...) Perhaps a good benchmark would be to write a PID controller and measure the number of control loop iterations per second that can be achieved under each environment. This incorporates sensor input with motor output, and uses a moderate amount (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: another comparison
      Chris Phillips wrote on Sunday, January 21, 2007 7:38 AM "My gut tells me that the RCX (using BrickOS) would give the NXT (using anything available so far) a good run for its money, though..." Once you reach a certain base performance level, then (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: another comparison —Claude Baumann
   (...) 1. The DFT certainly may be considered as overkill for a toy robot kit. But I am not sure that this forum considers the RCX or NXT only as toys. To say that NXT or RCX are not made for this or that is like saying to the inventor of the pencil (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics)