 Robotics / 26727
Re: [steve@teamhassenplug.org: Re: Apology]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:59:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ted Pawlicki <pawlicki@cs.rochester.edu> wrote:

This isn't Russia, dude. Your page is good and useful. If someone else
wants to put up a better page, then they should get off of their fat
"MCPs" and do it instead of critisizing your work. If they can do a
better job, then fine.

You have no need to either appologize or to take the page down.

Hmm. I'm not sure who you're upset about here, but I think this was a heart-felt
effort on the part of two people to apologize for slights, real or imagined,
that occured in a public forum. In other words, they both seem to be behaving in
a civilized, reasonable manner. And certainly neither one of them deserves the
"get off their fat 'MCP'" comment - both are spending so much time and effort on
robotics, software, and community that I'm amazed either of them have time to
eat.

Why is it when two people apolgize in a public forum, everybody judges even
more? John, Steve: publicly, thank you BOTH for the amazing amount of work that
you are both doing, and I really have to commend you both on being adult enough
to both apologize and accept that apology in a public forum. Kudos.

<whip crack> OK, now, Back To Work! :-)

--
Brian Davis