 Robotics / 26711
Re: Car factory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 21:22:38 GMT

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message
news:JBv2uu.LpG@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.robotics, Roger Glassey wrote:

An amazing video.

There's a little more information over at theNXTstep blog:

http://thenxtstep.blogspot.com/2007/01/impressive-rcx-car-factory.html

Note that there was in some ways an even more impressive car factory prior
this (it got on LUGNEt a while back), but sadly there's no video of it.
Well, I
take that back... somebody *somewhere* mut have gotten video of that
beautiful
beast, but I've never seen it referenced; anyone? Over on 1000steine of
other
groups?

I have an idea - why wouldn't it be possible to get a team together to come
up with a standard modular design for a car factory that everyone can
contribute to, similar to the GBC?

Admittedly there'd be some changes in the way it all works, but I think with
a few large modules a group effort could quite easily put together a mobile
multi-person car factory unit that is capable of being displayed at
BRICKFEST or somewhere similar.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde