 Robotics / 26705
    Re: Drive types —Tim Byrne
   (...) Besides Precedes and Follows, are there other ways to start additional threads? Specifically, I'd like to start additional threads and then continue the execution of the current thread. I might be misinterpreting this, but it seems that (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Drive types —Ross Crawford
   (...) The problem is that the standard firmware doesn't support starting and stopping of threads AFAIK. But you can start multiple threads by putting precedes thread1, thread2 in your main thread, when it exits both threads will start getting time (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Drive types —John Hansen
   (...) Rosco is correct. The standard NXT firmware uses a completely different execution model than the old RCX firmware uses. The NXT firmware does not provide any mechanism at all for starting and stopping threads. The only mechanism is to define (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics)