 Robotics / 26634
Re: Almost Holonomic Drive Built With The NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:47:25 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Rich Thompson wrote:
I have been working on a few different designs for a Lego Holonomic Drive or
Killough Platform. I almost have the components  right with the robot that I
have built here:

http://www.robotthoughts.com/index.php/lego/archives/2006/12/14/lego-mindstorms-nxt-holonomic-drive-killough-platform-rev-1/

Has anyone else built this type of platform using the NXT set?

Yes, Steve Hasseplug:
http://mindstorms.lego.com/nxtlog/ProjectDisplay.aspx?id=eb59d053-ac6a-448b-8282-7270af3d4415

I found this one tonight using the RCX:

http://www.philohome.com/rama/rama.htm

and will probably take a stab at re-creating it on the NXT. If only we had
smaller NXT motors without the built in rotation sensors.

You may use RCX motors with conversion cables. But rotation sensors help to
coordinates motors to drive precisely in any direction.

I love your toe-like "wheels" ;o)

Philo