 Robotics / 26594
    NXT Synchro Drive —Rich Thompson
   I have been playing with the turntable from the NXT kit to try and build a synchro drive train. It got a bit complicated but it works. I posted a video at my blog: (URL) mindstorms-nxt-synchro-drive/ or just: (URL) Fun! Rich (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NXT Synchro Drive —Chris Phillips
   (...) This looks pretty cool, and I can well respect any attempt to design a cool device out of LEGO, but I wonder how necessary something like this is with the NXT? It seems to me that the new servo motors with their integrated rotation sensors are (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

        Re: NXT Synchro Drive —Rich Thompson
   (...) You are touching on the exact reason I am playing with the synchro drive platform. Previously, to maintain "sync" between the rotation of different wheels I had to use locked gearing or a chain. you can see examples here: (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NXT Synchro Drive —Chris Phillips
   (...) Yes, I think the new capabilities of the NXT are going to give us all a new perspective on the challenges we've taken on in the past. (...) Cool! There are other benefits to synchro drive as well, I suppose, such as the ability to change (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NXT Synchro Drive —Rich Thompson
   (...) Good links! I love those original synchro drive sites. They inspired me originally and looking at them again reminds me of a few ideas I have let slide from my brain. At the risk of this looking like link pimpage, I offered one improvement on (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)