 Robotics / 26581
26580  |  26582
Subject:
NQC programming guide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 21:38:05 GMT

I've been lurking on the forum for some time now, and it's about time I
asked a few questions.

I've read Mark Overmars' "Programming Lego Robots and using NQC" and am
going through Dave Baum and John Hansen's "NQC Programmer's Guide". both
are really excellent, but especially the second appears to assume some
previous programming knowledge... which I haven't. I read and reread
certain passages and some things become more evident, but there are
still huge gaps I need to fill in order for some things to start making
sense.

For example, I haven't a clue how I could use an array, what a bitwise
negation, AND, XOR or XOR is, why I would want to use #include, or even
what the increment of x++ will be.

In order to get a better idea of some things I've tried to read through
some NQC programs, but although I can usually identify what each large
code block is for I cannot always see why and how.

I'm beginning to think I should find some supplemental material, some
n00b guide to programming, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a
good (online or downloadable) resource. Any other suggestion is also
greatly appreciated.

linmix