 Robotics / 26447
26446  |  26448
Subject:
NXT and Firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:12:37 GMT

My FLL team just received its NXT kit, and I of course decided to learn how to
use it before the kids, so I could help them. I turned it on, loaded up ROBOLAB
2.9, plugged in the NXT, and went to the Administrator panel. I changed the port
from COM1 to NXT, and was informed that I needed to update my firmware. I
clicked OK, and was presented with a window glorifying ROBOLAB and the NXT.
Soon, a popup appeared saying Communication Successful! I clicked OK, and was
taken back to the previous window. After about a minute, though, I was shown a
new window, saying that there was some sort of problem in communication. I tried
the Try Again, but no go. So, I looked at the NXT. The screen was blank, but
there was a faint ticking coming from it, and the light sensor's light was on.
None of the buttons reacted. I reset the NXT by pressing the reset button for
four seconds. Then, I tried ROBOLAB again, with the same result. I finally
loaded up the NXT software (my computer is too slow, really, for it, but it
worked), and it informed me that it could not find the NXT, though the NXT was
ticking, connected, and apparently ready for download. Help?!?!?

Andrew Meyer