 Robotics / 26434
26433  |  26435
Subject:
BricxCC release news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:40:54 GMT

I've uploaded a new test release of BricxCC which includes some enhancements in
the NXT Explorer tool window as well as a few other minor upgrades.  Downloading
the NXT firmware from within BricxCC should work in this release (although it
has not been tested extensively).

When you start up BricxCC it also can create the nxt.dat file containing NXT
brick resource strings and aliases which help make communicating with the NXT
using the Fantom API a lot easier.  In previous versions this was a manual
process.

I also fixed a bug where if you did not have the Fantom drivers installed you
would get an Access Violation when trying to talk to your NXT.

Please let me know what you think of the NXT Explorer tool or if you run into
any problems.  The next release will include a slick defragmenting tool for the
NXT flash memory.

John Hansen