 Robotics / 26319
  Upgrading RCX to 2.0

My first Mindstorms kit is the NXT but I have found some interesting projects for the previous generation RCX. My basic question is, is the upgrade from say a RCX 1.0 or 1.5 to 2.0 just a software update via your computer or is something that has to (...) (18 years ago, 3-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Upgrading RCX to 2.0

(...) It's just software - otherwise they are essentially identical. Actually, the 1.0 hardware is the best because it has the external power socket - which was absent from the 1.5 and 2.0 RCX. The 2.0 set has a USB infrared tower - the older (...) (18 years ago, 3-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)