 Robotics / 26291
  Re: Almost 300! And another Mindstorms Challenge! And more!

(...) So you have (in essence) a walking robot - but you wouldn't want to halve your traction by having only half of your feet on the ground at any one time - you'd want to have a robot with LOTS of feet and pick up just some tiny fraction of them (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Almost 300! And another Mindstorms Challenge! And more!

(...) I see a high amount of torque required on the Lego motors also. In general, and if done poorly, all you have is a bot with a stalled motor for one minute running at full power. Clutch gears could help, but it would have to be done in such a (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Almost 300! And another Mindstorms Challenge! And more!

OK. Let's start over again: What I should have said is that I believe that if you have two vehicles each weighing 2 lbs (the maximum allowed by the rules), one rolling, one "walking", the probablity of making a "stronger" forwardly mobile unit is (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)