 Robotics / 26288
  Re: RCX infra red sensitivity

(...) I have not seen them on the RCX, but I have on other devices, where power transisotrs have died. Its all to do (I think) with the characteristics under load, and the fact that larger spikes in current may occur with rechargeables. If the IC (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX infra red sensitivity

(...) Yes, the driver IC is current-limited to about 500mA (and thermal limited too), so it is very hard to destroy! (...) I have used NiMH batteries a lot on RCX, the only adverse effect I noticed is that the power available on motors is nearly (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)