 Robotics / 2627
Re: Now I have a (small) Cybermaster page too
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:09:38 GMT

B van Dam skrev i meddelandet
<006d01be3cdf$a1fc6980$44b0acc1@fam.-van-dam>...
Hi Anders,

Nice robot! I like your bumper design, how does it perform at frontal
impact?

If the front 'tube' (what's it really called?) hits, both sensors are
activated, and the robot backs up a bit, and turns (this function was what
caused the need for NQC - can't combine two sensors with the CM software).

Great idea: having the 'tilt bumper' at the back of the robot!!

Yes, I like it :-), but I think the 'tacho speed/motor speed comparison'
method could do the same job, freeing one sensor. Of course, if this sensor
hits something when we _are_ travelling backwards, we're in trouble (Hmm,
could test for motor direction also...?)!

Haven't had the time to test anything yet - today was spent on my youngest
boy's birthday (9 now) party!

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm