 Robotics / 26227
    RCX vs NXT for FIRST? —Rob Antonishen
   I have offered to help out setting up my kids new classroom to compete in FIRST. I was asked which kid they should get, as both the NXT and RCX are available. Assuming I am mentoring, I would prefer the RCX, as I am familiar with both it and (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX vs NXT for FIRST? —Brian Davis
     (...) How old are they, and will they be competing in the future? And is this going to be a long-term (5+ year) program, or a flash in the pan? It would seem the NXT will end up being a significant (the only?) FLL kit in the future, as LEGO phases (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: RCX vs NXT for FIRST? —Carole Burns
     As a coach of 5 years experience it depends on what your focus is...if it is educational - stick with RCX as the NXT takes away a lot of problem solving and thus learning on gear ratio's and motor strength. If it is simply to win - use the NXT. Our (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX vs NXT for FIRST? —Roy Nelson
   (...) If it is a what to buy question I would say NXT. The RCX will be obsolete in a few years. If you already have an RCX kit use it! I have been a coach for three years and each each we have added an RCX kit. I will still use the RCX kits to do (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)