 Robotics / 26204
    Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability —Brian Davis
   (...) In *principle*, this is one reason to have the possibility of "splitter" modules - you could take a 1 bps stream, and subdivide it into two streams with lower rates (0.5 and 0.5 bps, or even things like 0.75 & 0.25 bps, are easy to do (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability —Rafe Donahue
     (...) The idea of combining a number of small subunits, each of which work as desired (high reliability and throughput), can create complexity *with* reliability. That's the idea I will be unveiling in August. Bring an extra pair of socks for when (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability —Jordan Bradford
   (...) Plus, one of the train motors died, which required Steve to go to the LEGO store and buy the 4512 Cargo Train as a replacement. I also think the track was dirty and stopped conducting well, since by the end of the weekend the volunteers were (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)