 Robotics / 26204
  Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability

(...) In *principle*, this is one reason to have the possibility of "splitter" modules - you could take a 1 bps stream, and subdivide it into two streams with lower rates (0.5 and 0.5 bps, or even things like 0.75 & 0.25 bps, are easy to do (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability

(...) The idea of combining a number of small subunits, each of which work as desired (high reliability and throughput), can create complexity *with* reliability. That's the idea I will be unveiling in August. Bring an extra pair of socks for when (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability

(...) Plus, one of the train motors died, which required Steve to go to the LEGO store and buy the 4512 Cargo Train as a replacement. I also think the track was dirty and stopped conducting well, since by the end of the weekend the volunteers were (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)