 Robotics / 2612
RE: Tripod Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 15:14:33 GMT

Kevin,
  Ah!  Your the 'Go Saints' guy.  I'm still suffering from Packer
withdrawals...

  Yes the legs are jointed. Using beams with holes, it has one forward
'knee' and one backward 'knee' for each leg (if that makes any sense).
It's mounted to the body at 2 points, one stationary swivel peg and one
offset on a 24T gear, (going to have to figure out Ldraw one of these
days).  The foot hangs on swivel 'ankle' pegs.  The whole arrangement is
like the cartoon boxing glove gag / scissors effect.  The small
rotational movement at the gear, generates a larger movement at the
foot.

I was calling it a 2-toed sloth but it could look starwars AT-ish with
some imagination...

Wayne W. Schott

----------
From: Kevin A. Saddi[SMTP:ksaddi@gte.net]
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 1999 8:36 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Tripod Help
Currently, my "experimental" design can't support the weight of the RCX
so I had to make it where you used the extension connector leads and
just held the RCX by hand. I think a four-legged walker can support the
RCX and be able to move if the legs are strong enough. Do the legs have
joints?

-
Go Saints!
c/o 2002