 Robotics / 26084
Re: When is "off" off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:21:10 GMT

"Mitchell Lichtenberg" <mlichtsr@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:J0sw36.1JAt@lugnet.com...
If I attach a motor to a battery box and twist the motor arbor I get
resistance
EVEN if the battery box is switched off.  This means that the
current,generated
by the motor, is getting through, correct? Is the current just bridging
the
contacts or is it going through to the batteries?  Is there a 'drain'
condition
if motors are left plugged into battery boxes or RCXs?  I know the gurus
out
there can give me an answer.  Thanks.

The battery box shorts the connection in the off  position.

Bob

--
http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/