 Robotics / 25850
    Re: NXT to NXT communication? —Rob Hendrix
   (...) So you can use a motor port as a sensor input and/or use a motor as an input device (and vice-versa)? -Rob www.brickmodder.net (18 years ago, 3-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Port types (Re: NXT to NXT communication?) —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) Not exactly. There was talk about that early on. You can not use the sensor port to drive a motor, and you can not use the motor port to read an analog (old style) sensor. The hardware specs may have changed, so I may not be 100% on this, but (...) (18 years ago, 3-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Port types (Re: NXT to NXT communication?) —John Barnes
   (...) Erm, can I clarify here; The digital sensor port which is part of the motor port is not the same as the digital port which is part of the main sensor ports. The two digital wires which are part of the motor port are input only, whereas the (...) (18 years ago, 3-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)