 Robotics / 25846
Re: NXT Programming with Next Byte Codes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 14:01:51 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Tim Byrne wrote:
In lugnet.announce, John Hansen wrote:
I am pleased to announce that I have posted a beta of a command line compiler
for a new programming language for the LEGO Mindstorms NXT programmable brick
called Next Byte Codes (NBC).

Great news!  I look forward to seeing more.  Can you post some complete example
programs?

Also, is there a C syntax commandline alternative in the works?

The NQC compiler in some form or other is headed for NXT support but for a
number of reasons I needed to produce a functional assembler first.  Now that it
is mostly complete I will be trying to shift gears and work on NQC.

I will post several sample programs on the new NBC site later today and over the
next few days.  There are tons of things you can do with NBC which are simply
impossible using NXTGL.  The NBC Manual, by the way, already contains several
code snippets which are, in some cases, complete or nearly programs.  It is by
no means complete and finished either but it will give you a good start.

John Hansen
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/