 Robotics / 2571
RE: Using a standard remote control with the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 19:03:57 GMT

I'm not recording anything from the tower.  I'm recording the message as
sent by the RCX.  That's nine bytes, if I remember the RCX packet format
correctly.  I suppose it's possible that the remote can't learn sequences
that long, but I hope not. :)

I will definately try your suggestion, though.  Actually, it would be easy
enough to just write a little program that reads bytes from com1: and
displays them on the screen....

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: dave madden [mailto:dhm@paradigm.webvision.com]
Sent: Friday, January 08, 1999 10:58 AM
To: Eric Eilebrecht
Cc: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Using a standard remote control with the RCX

The string of bytes that the tower sends to transmit the message "1"
is fairly long (a "wakeup" sequence, the data and complemented data,
and checksum/~checksum).  Perhaps the remote control can't learn
sequences that long?

You could cannibalize one of the TalkRCX programs people have written
to see what the remote is transmitting.  That'd be my next step.

d.