 Robotics / 2567
Re: IR Transmission Range when bounced off of Ceiling...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 18:39:55 GMT

Hi David,

I am working on a self learning robot using a neural brain, which should be
finished in a week or so. In the mean time I have a page on my website
describing how to setup a neural brain on a PC. Perhaps that's any help to
you. You may also want to check out the PC:Help project which shows how the
PC can download 'rescue' programs to a Cybermaster in distress. All programs
are by the way in Visual Basic.

CU  Bert

Visit my site on Lego, Robot's and Visual Basic at
http://home.concepts.nl/~bvandam/index.html

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: David Chen <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com>
Aan: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Datum: vrijdag 8 januari 1999 18:32
Onderwerp: Re: IR Transmission Range when bounced off of Ceiling...

Laurentino Martins wrote:
You must be kidding!!! Hahaha :-)
I want you to see you controlling that RCX from the other side of the
house, across a living room, a zigzagging hall and a kitchen, almost 20
meters away!

Gave it a try last night, got maximum control ranges to about 15-20
feet.  The presence of furniture interfering with direct line of sight
by ground was not a problem as long as there was good line of sight to
the ceiling for the upward pointing RCX IR Port.

Cat batting at it wasn't too big a deal either ;)

Not quite radio control but not too shabby.  I guess I don't have to
bemoan the fact that I can't afford both a Mindstorm AND Cybermaster
set.

Dave
p.s.  Anyone have good code for a simple trainable neural network?  I
want to have the RCX "Check Back" w/ the Base Station computer for
commands (ala Cybermaster) as I can't yet get a real neural network
going on the RCX.