 Robotics / 2561
Re: IR Transmission Range when bounced off of Ceiling...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 17:32:46 GMT

Laurentino Martins wrote:
You must be kidding!!! Hahaha :-)
I want you to see you controlling that RCX from the other side of the house, across a living room, a zigzagging hall and a kitchen, almost 20 meters away!

Gave it a try last night, got maximum control ranges to about 15-20
feet.  The presence of furniture interfering with direct line of sight
by ground was not a problem as long as there was good line of sight to
the ceiling for the upward pointing RCX IR Port.

Cat batting at it wasn't too big a deal either ;)

Not quite radio control but not too shabby.  I guess I don't have to
bemoan the fact that I can't afford both a Mindstorm AND Cybermaster
set.

Dave
p.s.  Anyone have good code for a simple trainable neural network?  I
want to have the RCX "Check Back" w/ the Base Station computer for
commands (ala Cybermaster) as I can't yet get a real neural network
going on the RCX.