 Robotics / 25607
Re: Motor Analysis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 03:09:23 GMT

Is what I'm trying to do a reasonable thing to want to do with an RCX and some
free time? Is it possible? Has anyone else ever done things like this before?

Any and all help will be much appreciated, and I can email code if you let me
know. Also can post pictures of rig if needed.

I'm not sure how to grab data from the RCX with the 'standard' tools.

However...  as much as I am for wild statistical analysis with a computer, the
easiest solution might be to just use one of those cool LEGO differential axels.
Put one motor on each end and if the third axel spins, then you know they motors
don't match.  You can even put the rotation sensor on the third axel and write a
software program that runs each level for 10 or 15 seconds and checks the third
axel.  Have it beep 'bad' if the motors don't match.  Best of all, this is
something your FLLers can handle with the standard software!

Sorry I couldn't be of any help for doing it the 'cool' way

-----
Matthew Ruschmann
http://matthew.ruschmann.net