 Robotics / 25552
Re: Nic_1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:17:59 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Matthew Ruschmann wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Claude Baumann wrote:
If you want to see Nic_1, a sound following robot, go to
http://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/ultimate_stuff/Nic_1.htm

Nic_1 runs a program on the RCX that first samples two RCX sensor input ports at
36000 Hz (there is no mistake here !) to receive 300 samples from both
microphone channels. Then the program operates a fast and simplified
cross-correlation, yielding the phase-lag between both audio-signals. This value
is used to indicate the direction towards which Nic_1 is supposed to turn. The
program prunes erroneous values that might appear due to room reverberation. The
program was written with Ultimate ROBOLAB.

The video shows Nic_1 whilst tracking radio-music. It also could be a music
instrument or a human voice.

Enjoy.

Hey that's pretty amazing for the standard RCX firmware.  I guess calculation
time doesn't really matter though.  I'm a graduate EE taking estimation theory
this semester so I'll keep this close to my heart.  :-p

I can't wait to try 2 mics on the new NXT!  Ugh.  August.  I already have my
money saved up.

Added it to my blog.  Not that I get much traffic to the front page.

http://superpositioned.com

Thanks,

... note that the program has NOT been set up with the standard firmware.
Ultimate ROBOLAB is an extension to normal ROBOLAB to produce our own
stand-alone firmware.