 Robotics / 25486
    Re: What I would do (2) —Ed Manlove
   (...) Very good point! So one design goal/guiding principle would be try not to break brickOS programs for NXT and provide if nessecary a easy software upgrade path. (...) I would really like to point out (to the general audience) what I see as a (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: What I would do (2) —Tim Byrne
     (...) I'll add it to my tool belt if it'll run on Linux ;) I certainly don't mean to slight the NXT software (I haven't even played with it yet). I assume it will be quite capable. (...) Indeed. Programming languages are simply tools. They should be (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: What I would do (2) —John Hansen
   (...) <snippage> (...) Ed, can you point me to the sort of things you have read which make you believe the NXT software and its underlying firmware will provide the sort of control and flexibility which such things as NQC and alternate firmwares (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)