 Robotics / 25465
Re: This sounds a lot like NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:55:40 GMT

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:43:20 GMT
"pisymbol" <pisymbol@gmail.com> wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, Titus Gabriel Petrut wrote:
Check this out people, this sounds just like NXT:

http://www.charmedlabs.com/xportrobotfaq.htm

I just perused their entire site and this is very close to what I
envision the NXT runtime and development environments.  They are
using eCos/Redboot to run applications on the GBA and even
demonstrate how to make an outbound connection from the GBA to a host
PC via Bluetooth (you can also make the host a Master).

There's quite an important difference in that the Xport uses a
user-programmable FPGA for its more important processing. That means
you're free to write highly parallel behaviours essentially in
hardware, not limited to the CPU. These chips are the same type (though
lower gate count and clock speed) used in very high speed reprogrammable
video cameras, for instance.

http://www.elphel.com/model313/index.html