 Robotics / 25464
Re: This sounds a lot like NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:43:20 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Titus Gabriel Petrut wrote:
Check this out people, this sounds just like NXT:

http://www.charmedlabs.com/xportrobotfaq.htm

ARM7 (from GameBoy)
Bluetooth
Closed loop motor controll (servo like motors) with back EMF... I guess this is
the way to do it, no need for integrated encoders since you get 10000 counts per
revolution!

Wach the videos, especialy "closed loop", "haptic", and "teach"!

Oh well, if only they could have added more of the other stuff XRC has... 16
digital sensor inputs, 8 analog sensor inputs, 4 motor ports...

Well in terms of price, their kit DOES NOT come with a GBA so I still believe
the NXT is fairly priced.

I just perused their entire site and this is very close to what I envision the
NXT runtime and development environments.  They are using eCos/Redboot to run
applications on the GBA and even demonstrate how to make an outbound connection
from the GBA to a host PC via Bluetooth (you can also make the host a Master).

I actually think now that this kit is a great tool in the interim before the
official NXT release.

-aps