 Robotics / 25446
  Re: Why java is (not) bad for Mindstorms

-- pisymbol <pisymbol@gmail.com> wrote: [SNIP} (...) If I'm chosen as the one of the 100, this is what I will work on, using and abusing the BT communications on the NXT. Right now, I'm working at using the RCX Ir-I2C mindsensors.com interface for (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  NXT + BlueTooth + PC (was: Java Baad)

Ditto to pretty much everything on this thread. My present robot has a PC running Linux talking to an RCX over IR, using my own (not XML!!) message protocol. For a look at how this can play out, check out what these guys did with some NSA money: (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Why java is (not) bad for Mindstorms

(...) I think this would be a nice project and prove very useful. (...) I'm not really advocating Java or any language. Personally, I think Java is in appropriate for low-level programming and one is probably best off with C/asm. However, in this (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)