 Robotics / 25441
    Re: Why java is (not) bad for Mindstorms —Ted Pawlicki
   (...) It does. The RIS GUI saves the programs in *.lsc files (in the "Vault"). These programs appear to be a C language variant. The LabView environment does the same thing. TFP (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Why java is (not) bad for Mindstorms —Ross Crawford
     (...) The language is "MindScript". There's some tutorials here: (URL) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Why java is (not) bad for Mindstorms —John Hansen
     (...) And the very best way to use MindScript with LEGO programmable bricks is with Bricx Command Center. It provides context sensitive help, syntax highlighting, code insight, code completion, and a host of other incredibly useful features which (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Why java is (not) bad for Mindstorms —John Hansen
   (...) I'm almost certain, but not quite, that the original RIS 1.0 GUI did not save programs in textual form (MindScript). I believe that functionality was introduced in a later release. When you say "the LabView environment does the same thing" I (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)