 Robotics / 25390
Re: NXT release date.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:27:14 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
The downside is logistics and managing a large bunch of Beta testers.  There
would need to be a central place for all participants of the program can
contribute and communicate with one another as well as any legal constraints
the program encompasses and needs to enforce (obviously, larger program
participants, harder to enforce).

I suspect that logistics is a big issue.  I am a debugger for a living, and
know how to report the information that is critical to a bug.

As a developer (of LPub and LSynth for example).  Most of the bugs reported to
me are extremely vague "I tried this and it didn't work.  Any ideas?"

This is pretty tough to work with.  Maybe they are trying not to set themselves
up for input overload.

Yeah, I can understand though I still contend 100 is too small darn it!  But
your point is well understood (especially by me who has dealt with countless
examples of this scenario).

I just think it is fabulous that LEGO is providing the Mindstorms Development
Program. Never seen such a thing done so publicly.

Its fantastic no doubt!  Very rarely do you find such a positive synergistic
relantionship between the company and the public community in the market.

-aps