 Robotics / 25355
Re: What to do if not selected for the NXT Developer's Program?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 02:44:27 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Wed, January 18, 2006 6:02 pm, pisymbol wrote:
Since I'm coming to grip with the sheer number of people who applied and there
are only 100 vacants, I need a plan B.  I no longer own the Mindstorms set so at
this point, I'm unforunately brick-free.

Any suggestions?  Is it worth picking up the Mindstorms anyway or just working
with the Technic sets that are available on the market?  (the Mobile Crane looks
like a cool project with a lot of pieces to get started)

I'm just looking for some direction from the more experienced crowd!  Thanks!

The 8421 crane is a very nice set.  It has a good mix of studded and studless
pieces.  You can learn a lot about building, by building it.

Steve

Thanks Steve.  This really comes much appreciated.  I'm really positive at this
point I'm going to face the fact that I will buy my NXT in August.  With that
said it gives ME the opportunity to build up a Lego collection.  There are a
couple of sets I would like to buy and build just to get that under my belt
(always wanted an Enzo).

-aps