 Robotics / 253
RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 00:00:03 GMT

I can see how "Building" and "Programming" are activities, but I don't
think "Hardware" or "Internals" are.  And I think a separate "Internals"
section belongs under each CPU section, not together in their own section,
unless there's a lot of common data among them (maybe there is for RCX and
Cybermaster.)  Maybe it could have "Building" and "Programing", with
"Hardware" under "Building" and "Internals" split between each Controller?
Or maybe we've spent too much time on this already.  Since it will
probably be written in HTML, people can search and jump around easily and
the overall structure is not that important.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kekoa Proudfoot [SMTP:kekoa@Graphics.Stanford.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 1998 12:12 PM
To: Lego Robotics
Subject: Re: Newbie Question..  FAQ?

That sounds fine, although I would have organized the categories around
activities rather than hardware/software:

I.   Building
        A. Bodies
        B. Legs
        C. Wheels
        D. Arms
        E. Bumpers
F. Etc.
II.  Programming
        A. General Programming Concepts
        B. Programming with Mindstorms
        C. Programming with Robolab
        D. Programming with Spirit.ocx/Bytecodes
        E. Programming with H8 assembly
III. Hardware
        A. Robot Controllers
                1. RCX