 Robotics / 24605
    Design —Thomas Chesney
   Hi all, I'd really like to find out what techniques/notations people are using to design their robots and code. For my code, I always use a Jackson Structured Process (JSP) chart, which does have other names but you can see: (URL) you wish. For the (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Design —Brian Davis
     (...) OK, I feel somewhat silly stating this out loud, but... I think about the problem a lot, usually while mowing the lawn or driving to/from work. Once I have a possible solution roughed out in my head, I start building parts of the robot to see (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Design —Chris Givan
      If it is a fairly large or complex problem I take what I consider will be the hardest part and design it first; if this is something mechanical (or even code) I spend a lot of time working on it, researching the type of engineering field that (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Design —Thomas Chesney
     (...) I included this link as an example of what they look like (new readers - go back to the original post to find it if you want); However, I'm not sure of how good an explanation is given of the technique itself. (...) Anyway, I've dug out some (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Design —Jordan Bradford
   I imagine that if I were to ever design a robot's functions on paper first, I'd probably use a finite state machine, since FSMs map to events pretty well. The robot's functions would have to be complex enough to make it worth it, though. For code, (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)