 Robotics / 24550
Re: RCX Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:59:22 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mr S <szinn_the1@yahoo.com> wrote:
In a word, yes

--- Kevin McClure <kev.mcc@[NOSPAM]>,
UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR. wrote:

Just wondering, can you download firmware fron the
2.0 cd onto a 1.0 RCX?
-Kevin

What I have found is that, on most 1.0's, it takes two or three tries before the
2.0 firmware "takes". I have no idea why this is, but once you have "broken it
in", the 1.0 will not give you problems in the future if you need to redownload
firmware. The 1.0 is sort of like a horse in that respect: if they are wild (not
having 2.0 firmware), then it takes a while to break them in for use, but once
they are broken in, there'll be no more problems. Hope this post helps.

Andrew Meyer