 Robotics / 24536
Re: Control Lab Connection help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 03:13:00 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Roy Nelson wrote:
Greetings,

I have been trying program Control Lab using robolab. However, when I go to
download all I get is the "Start CLI-1" window with a red 'X' through the
reconnect icon. I am using the Control Lab interface start icon. I have tried
several combinations of designating the com port including; setting 'Projects -
Set com port' to com1 and com3, setting 'Projects - Set com port' to text and
setting the numeric modifier attached to the cli start icon from 0 to 4.

I have Control Lab hook up using a 9-pin serial cable. I am certain I have it
hooked up to com 1 (it is the only serial com port on my computer). The
operating system on my computer is Windows XP.

Can you use Control Lab with Robolab on windows XP? Is there any special driver
I need to install to use Control Lab?

Any help is appriciated,
Roy Nelson

Well I answered my own question. I had two serial cables given to me by my
father and neither worked. The new serial cable I bought did. Now I have the
power of eight!

In answer to my other questions:
Yes, you can use Control Lab interface with Robolab running Windows XP.
No, you do not need any special drivers to run Control lab.

Roy