 Robotics / 245
Re: Newbie Question.. FAQ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 21:06:15 GMT

Kekoa Proudfoot wrote:

That sounds fine, although I would have organized the categories around
activities rather than hardware/software:

I.   Building
        A. Bodies
        B. Legs
        C. Wheels
        D. Arms
        E. Bumpers
        F. Etc.
II.  Programming
        A. General Programming Concepts
        B. Programming with Mindstorms
        C. Programming with Robolab
        D. Programming with Spirit.ocx/Bytecodes
        E. Programming with H8 assembly
III. Hardware
        A. Robot Controllers
                1. RCX
                2. Cybermaster
                3. STAMP
                4. Etc.
        B. Sensors
                1. Touch
                2. Light
                3. Rotation
                4. Custom sensors
                5. Etc.
        C. Motors
                1. 5225
                2. Older motors
                3. Custom motors
                4. Etc.
IV.  Internals
        A. RCX
                1. Firmware code
                2. ROM code
        B. Cybermaster
                1. Firmware code
                2. ROM code

Comments on the differences?

   I like the "activities" layout as well.

   How about a section on sources?  Like the "Mobile
Robots" book and the construction guides from MIT and
Wierd Richard?

   -= Dennis =-
   dburke@qualcomm.com