 Robotics / 24381
  Re: Rotating through a four-bit nibble

(...) Since I didn't really complete the assignment I'll try again. I didn't honor the x bit request. I confirmed that even SDK v2.5 does not have shifts or rotates, and that in NQC you can only do shifts based on constant amounts. The two routines (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Rotating through a four-bit nibble

(...) Both your 1st & 2nd solutions are very good; thanks to you and other posters to this thread for giving me a much better handle on binary manipulations, and solutions to this problem. In answer to an earlier question, speed is important (simple (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Rotating through a four-bit nibble

(...) Maybe it is time to move on to BrickOS? int rotate_right( int value, // the value to be rotated int width, // the width of the rotated field int base, // bitnumber of rightmost bit in rotate field int amount) // the amount to rotate between (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Rotating through a four-bit nibble

(...) BrickOS has mocked me from the horizon for some time, but there are two things that are holding me back: (a) Judging by the posts and what I've read, the learning curve seems awfully steep - especially since I'm on a Mac. (b) Rarely have I (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)