 Robotics / 24334
  Re: Barcodes & error detection

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:IMI0IC.z2M@lugnet.com... (...) I'm just curious, but how much development did you do making the area where the light sensors themselves are mounted as black and light-proofed as possible to (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Barcodes & error detection

(...) I'll have to take some small photos and post them to my Brickshelf account, and I should really include seom response curves from the various lightsensors so you can "see" what the sensor is seeing during a barcode read. (...) Hmmm. I'm not (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Barcodes & error detection

(...) Maybe by having every barcode begin and end with the same 'prefix' and 'suffix' sequence (prefix <> suffix)? It takes more bits, but if you manage to read the prefix and the suffix correctly (as you know what they should be) you could be (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)