 Robotics / 24333
  Re: Barcodes & error detection

(...) Are you lighting the area with a light brick, or relying on ambient illumination? I find the Lego light sensor extremely finicky in "real work" situation, and try to always shield the area from ambient and provide my own illumination. -Rob A> (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Barcodes & error detection

(...) Gus uses two ight sensors, one to follow the (left edge) of a black line on a white background, and a seperate light sensor on an "outrigger" to read the barcodes. There is no light brick, but instead both use the light sensor itself to supply (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)