 Robotics / 24220
Re: Two Usb towers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 12:44:19 GMT

On 8/3/05, Lane <Steve> wrote:

That's a perfectly reasonable suggestion. The reason I haven't done that
(although I did consider it) is because I leave my robot running for quite a
while and it uses the tower almost constantly, so it burns through batteries
quite quickly. If I could reduce the time the tower stays on after
transmission,
I could probably save a lot of battery power. I even have a 9v rechargeable
battery and charger but the battery's so old I don't know if it would safely
work. The batteries cost about £4 and I'm getting a cheap tower from the
states,
so there's not that much in it and it saves the fag of changing batteries,
recharging batteries and having your robot fail cause the battery's worn out
(which does happen).

Steve

Ps I've just spell checked this post with the Google toolbar spell checker,
and
it works brilliantly. No more misspelled posts for me :-).

There are, if you are a little daring, power supplies with a 9v
battery output connector on them relatively easily available. You
could always use one of those.

Off topic - I use the gmail spell checker - although I notice in your
post you say "saves the fag of changing batteries" - is that what you
meant? Only "fag" does not quite sound right there.

Danny
--
http://orionrobots.co.uk - Build Robots

Online Castle Building RPG -