 Robotics / 24183
  lego firmware in hex to high level language

I have the firmware.txt file in hex codes. I want to do manipulations in that firmware and then load it to RCX. But for manipulating the hex code, I want it in assembly or in some high level language. Is there any way to convert the hex code into (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: lego firmware in hex to high level language

(...) I'd like to do that too, but I'd settle for assembler. It can be done if you download the Hitachi H8 processor datasheet and interpret the opcodes. You'll need to understand the memory map to know what's going on. As written, I think the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: lego firmware in hex to high level language

Hi, (...) IIRC the GNU tools can take SREC as an input format and disassemble it (I think I disassembled the ROM from an RCX 2.0 from SREC some time ago). In any case there is a higher level transcription and extensive commentary by Kekoa Proudfoot (...) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics)