 Robotics / 24212
Re: lego firmware in hex to high level language
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:50:14 GMT

Hi,

"kasula pradeep" <kasulapradeep@hotmail.com> writes:

I have the firmware.txt file in hex codes. I want to do
manipulations in that firmware and then load it to RCX. But
for manipulating the hex code, I want it in assembly or in
some high level language. Is there any way to convert the
hex code into high level language and then back compile to
hex format. Please help me.

IIRC the GNU tools can take SREC as an input format and disassemble it
(I think I disassembled the ROM from an RCX 2.0 from SREC some time ago).
In any case there is a higher level transcription and extensive
commentary by Kekoa Proudfoot at http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/
It is good for understanding how it works, but for modifying
I'd also use something else, as has already been suggested.

Cheers

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>