 Robotics / 24160
    need advice from lego gurus —dan miller
   I'm thinking about the next version of my one-armed robot, Grabot. Presently he looks like this: (URL) I want to do is have the claw go up and down but stay parallel to the floor, rather than hoist itself up as in this picture. Does anyone know of a (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: need advice from lego gurus —Mr S
     Dan, If you are okay with it being further forward when it is raised than when it is lowered, you can use a rather simple but robust method of raising your gripper while keeping it parallel to the ground/floor. I'm afraid I can't whip up a drawing, (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: need advice from lego gurus —Øyvind Steinnes
     (...) There are probably several ways to solve this. One is using parallelogram as arms that lifts, and mounting the gripper in one end of the parallelogram and the robot in the other. I have no photos or drawing what I think of. But if you make an (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: need advice from lego gurus —Ignacio Martinez Vazquez
   Check this out: (URL) has lots of mechanisms and linkages (19 years ago, 11-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics)