 Robotics / 24076
  Motors

Hi all, Is it a bad idea to run motors at different power levels as in OUT_LOW, OUT_HALF, and OUT_FULL. What I mean is, will running a motor at low power wear it out significantly faster than running it at full power? I have built a plotter with the (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motors

(...) I seriously doubt it's anything to worry about. (If you're curious, the technique it uses to change power levels is pulse-width-modulation). In some ways, I'd expect the opposite - running a motor on low greatly reduces the drain at stall, (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics)