 Robotics / 24040
BlueTooth bad: vendors crippling BT phones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:51:41 GMT

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/AnchorDesk/4520-6033_16-5630126.html?tag=adts&tag=nl.e501-2

So much for the "use your BT phone as a modem with your BT PC or PDA".

BT had a lot of hype for a long time but IMHO it's been killed for "small"
users but such nonsense as the above, and the lack of affordable
development tools. BT vendors simply don't want to do business with you
unless you are ordering $1 million or more. In my personal experience I
know of only one company which successfully used BT in an embedded systems
project, and they had a good bankroll for it. I know of several who tried
and gave up due to lack of support and poor documentation on the BT
chipsets. It's too bad, really.

Bruce