 Robotics / 23943
Re: Inexpensive portability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 04:08:07 GMT

I suggest looking on eBay for an old laptop. By old, I'm talking

Thanks for the suggestions.  After seeing this one, I realized I have an
old HP Pavilion N3110, 32mb RAM running Win98, sitting behind the desk,
quite literally just collecting dust.

I found the power cord and a serial port IR tower.  After a couple
tries, I got it to boot up.  I was able to download the bricxcc on the
desktop machine and then transfer it, via a CD, to the old laptop.  Ran
the setup; plugged in the serial tower; bingo.

This machine now has a new purpose in life.  And it can play CDs while I
work in the confines of the basement!

Thanks again,
Rafe