 Robotics / 23913
Wanted: Repairer with good understanding of Cybermaster main unit.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 09:44:53 GMT

I am in need of someone who can take a look at my Cybermaster's Main Unit,
(not the transmitter tower) unfortunately I could not find a "repairs" group
on lugnet, I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

The two main problems are these:

1.  One of the motors appears only able to turn very slowly.  I don't know
if it just needs lubricant, exercise through programs, tearing apart and
rebuilding, or what.

2.  Of the few times I disassembled and reassembled it myself, I somehow
managed to misalign one of the battery contacts, and it now sticks up too
high, which means the Cybermaster unit essentially has no power,
unfortunately to get to the motors underneath (they're removable) I needed
to get the printed circuit board out of the way.

A third but less significant problem is that I only have a French version
CD.  I would like to buy or trade store credit for an English version CD,
preferably one that has not seen wear that causes errors on the CD.  Either
spearately or in the same transaction as the successful repairer.

If anyone can help, please reply to my email, replies to this message may be
missed, as I will be quite busy next week.

I would be willing to offer fair and reasonable store credit in my shop to
the chosen repairer as payment, however, I would prefer that you have
experience at pulling motors apart and rebuilding them, if you would apply
to fix this unit.  References are not essential, but please consider
supplying at least two other people willing to vouch for your work.

I don't know if any transmitter tower unit can work with the main unit,
however, please state if you need the transmitter tower.  (Includes antenna
aerials for both units and a serial cable.)

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde